NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won
1. Promotion begins April 21, 2008 at 12:01 A.M. EST and ends May 21, 2008 at 11:59 P.M. EST, when all entries must be received. To enter, go to www.newyorkerreaderlink.com, complete online entry form, and submit it as instructed. One entry per person/e-mail address. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify any promotion not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
2. Potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 22, 2008, and will be notified by mail, e-mail, and/or telephone. If potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within five (5) days, or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to any prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. All decisions of the judges are final and binding in all respects. The prize awarded to the selected winner will be a gift certificate to the small space advertiser of their choice running in the April 28, 2008 issue of The New Yorker. The approximate retail value of the prize is $500.
3. Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
4. All entrants must be over the age of 18 and legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor and their immediate families are not eligible.
5. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability.
6. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Prize is not transferable. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
7. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By providing your e-mail address, you grant Sponsor the right to send you commercial messages and share your address with others, unless specified otherwise as indicated on the entry form.
8. Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of prize constitutes consent to use winner’s name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes, without further compensation; (ii) potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days of attempted notification or an alternate winner may be chosen.
9. For a list of winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Melissa Currier at The New Yorker, 4 Times Square, 21st Floor, NY, NY 10036 after May 21, 2008 but before November 21, 2008. Sponsor is The New Yorker at 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.